Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Doe Run Farms is celebrating national CSA sign up day tomorrow with $25 off of a CSA membership! This is our CSA so I can attest for the quality, quantity, variety, and sheer deliciousness. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen my photos of our weekly shares.
- The Back Alley Traveling Bistro makes its debut in Huntsville tomorrow night at Straight to Ale!
- The hubby and I bought our tickets for Southern Makers this week. It looks to be a fabulous event with North Alabama well represented! Are you planning to attend? Let me know! : )
- Food trucks are crazy popular right now. If you are considering having food trucks at an event you are hosting, here are some good guidelines. (Hat tip to I Love Bacon for the link.)
- Looking for some of Huntsville’s hidden gems? Check out my post for Our Valley Events on some of my favorite dives.
- Have you heard about the summer wine festival being held in Guntersville this year? This is run by the same group that put on Big Spring Crush here last fall, so expect tickets to go fast!
- Tasia Malakasis of Belle Chevre is having a release party for her second cookbook, Southern Made Fresh. March 21st from 1pm-4pm you can join the celebration at the Elkmont Creamery with food, music, book signings, face painting, and more!
- Drake College and Free the Hops have teamed up to offer a Craft Brewing Certificate! A day and a half in introduction to all things craft beer, it’s filling up fast. Just 10 tickets left at the time I’m writing this!
- If you are thinking of starting a food related business, you may be interested in this course being put on at Auburn University.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.