Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- We’re currently accepting nominations for the “best of” local restaurants in 6 categories. The poll will remain open though next Tuesday, when we will close nominations and open voting!
- Downtown Huntsville’s Winter Warmer Week runs through tomorrow. Tonight will be a beer and soup pairing at Shea’s Express.
- If tea is more your speed, then you’ll be excited to hear that Piper and Leaf is hosting a class on Tea Brewing! Monday, January 26th from 7-9pm.
- Kaffeeklatsch Bar announced yesterday that they will be closing. The coffee shop, however, will remain open.
- Our Valley Events has pulled together a fantastic list of places to get brunch.
- The Switch House will close it’s doors for good this Thursday, as they prepare to move out of state and start the 3-Ring Traveling Apothecary. They’ve been staunch supporters of our local businesses, including food businesses, so we wish them well on their new adventure!
- Doe Run Farms is currently offering early bird pricing for their CSA shares. My husband and I have been members for the last 4 years and have watched their offerings grow. (This year, they are offering farm baked bread for the first time!) In our newsletter this week, they shared some comparison shopping they had done. The cost of a CSA basket as compared to the same items purchase at a grocery store was anywhere from $0-$20 less expensive. I had thought for sure the CSA would cost at least a small premium, but nope. So, astonishingly fresh, varied produce which supports local farmers for the same cost or less than the grocery store? So much yes.
- New Market BBQ has returned from their winter break. So if you have been craving their s’mac n cheese, you are in luck!
- I joined some friends for brunch at The Original Public House one Sunday when the special was a cinnamon roll. Don’t let that picture up there deceive you, it was the size of my head. We got one to share and it was so quickly devoured that we ordered a second as well. Needless to say, it was excellent.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.