Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Mason Dixon Bistro and Bakery, the expanded version of Mason Dixon Bakery, opened on Monday and is now serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I attended their soft opening and was delighted with the experience (pictures in the collage above). The bacon wrapped stuffed dates were outstanding, the macaroni and cheese was creamy and so “normal” that it didn’t even occur to me until after that fact that it was a gluten free pasta substitute. My husband was quite taken with the stuffed mushrooms and his fish and “chips” (where the “chips” are housemade veggie chips instead of fries) vanished astoundingly quickly. And of course, their super fantabulous chocolate torte made an appearance.
- Speaking of the new Bistro, Huntsville Vegans will be having a meetup there tonight at 6pm.
- Southern Foodscapes (run by our contributor Nicole Castle Brookus) is looking for your thoughts on local food in North Alabama. It’s a quick and easy survey so if you have a few minutes, check it out.
- This week is all about that beer! Straight to Ale and Back Alley Bistro’s Craft Beer Dinner is tomorrow night. Downtown Huntsville’s Winter Warmer Week starts on Monday and runs all week long. 1892 East’s Brewer’s Dinner with Old Black Bear Brewing Company is next Thursday, the 22nd.
- If tea is more your speed, then you’ll be excited to hear that Piper and Leaf is hosting a class on Tea Brewing! Monday, January 26th from 7-9pm.
- Sweet Things Bakery is now taking preorders for these adorable mini cupcake “bouquets”.
- Pizzelle’s is now offering “steamers”–steamed and flavored milk for $2.50 each. White chocolate chai, Lavender honey, Bourbon caramel, Vanilla caramel, or Hazelnut caramel. YUM.
- Food Fighters Bustaurant turned two this week!
- Speaking of food trucks, did you know that Shawn Duvall, the award winning chef from The Peppered Pig, also offers catering services? He does!
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.