Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- The grand opening of Lowe Mill’s North wing is this Saturday, December 20th! I cannot adequately express how excited I am about this. Come grab some tea or a hot chocolate (shown above) and do some holiday shopping.
- Beauregard’s announced this week that the Jordan lane location will be closing at the end of the year. They are under new ownership/management and while the other locations will stay open, the menus and ordering systems will be updated.
- Monique, the woman behind The Switch House, is selling t-shirts to raise money for her next big venture. The 3 Ring Traveling Apothecary will be a traveling caravan selling handmade candles dedicated to getting the word out about handmade and small businesses. Can I tell you how much I big puffy heart LOVE this idea?
- Today is the last day to make your reservations for breakfast with Santa at Whistle Hollow Farm. (Seatings available for the 9am session only)
- Curious about beekeeping? Join some local experts for a class covering the basics of beekeeping. End the class with the knowledge you need to start beekeeping!
- Did you know that The Original Public House has $5 margaritas on Thursday nights? They do!
- Do you follow New Market BBQ‘s social media accounts? Each week they give away a cake and seeing their pictures in my feed always makes me hungry. This week’s cake is chocolate velvet with cream cheese icing which sounds amazing.
- This week was a busy one on the blog. We reviewed Tokyo, discussed what might be going on in your garden, and gave you a list of awesome local places to finish your holiday shopping! Whew!
- Need even more local gift options? Check out this list from Big Spring Environmental on locally available upcycled gifts.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above