Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- I had brunch a couple of weeks ago at The Old Public House. That full to bursting plate above? That’s the 1/2 portion full Irish breakfast. The rye toast was seriously amazing. (That’s not a knock on the other items, it’s just that rarely does the toast grab my attention like that.)
- Doe Run Farms has opened registration for the spring CSA. Registering early gets you the early bird price and the option to pay in installments. This is the CSA we are members of and if you follow me on Instagram you know that we get all kinds of good stuff (super fresh veggies, incredible berries, heirloom varieties).
- The end of the year is barreling towards us, but never fear! Lyn’s Gracious Goodness, Cotton Row, Albany Bistro, and Gibson’s BBQ are standing ready to help you with your Christmas feasts!
- Brix is giving away a gift card for each of the 12 days of Christmas!
- The grand opening of Lowe Mill’s North wing will be Saturday, December 20th! Which means the gourmet popsicle shop will be open! Wahoo! And for those of you more interested in things above freezing, there is a wonderful artist offering various dishware/serving plates made from mason jars. They are beautiful and would make a perfect holiday gift.
- Nick’s Ristorante will have three seatings New Year’s Eve, but their reservations are filling fast.
- Thinking past the holidays? Combat the post holiday blues with Downtown Huntsville’s Winter Warmer Week. Multiple events featuring tap takeovers and beer/food pairings every night for a week!
- On the first Tuesday of each month, Humphrey’s will be partnering with Homegrown Huntsville to offer “Twosday”–a 2 hour cooking demo and tasting for $30/person. Register now and slip a note under the tree.
- Local culinary instructor CC Fridlin will be launching a webseries early next year!
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.