Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- The Boot Pizzeria is now serving gluten free pizza crusts from Mason Dixon Bakery! Love local supporting local!
- Have you been thinking of going on one of the new Huntsville Food Tours? Watch the The Downtown Dish’s facebook page at 3pm and then listen to Buzz on Star99.fm from 4-6pm. Call into Buzz’s show with the answer Downtown Dish posted and you could win tickets to the next food tour!
- Sam and Greg’s is getting into the holiday spirit early–for a good cause. They’ve already set up their toy donation boxes at both the downtown and Madison locations. Now that’s some early holiday shenanigans I can get behind.
- Speaking of both giveaways and charity, The Peppered Pig is having a drawing for two VIP tickets to next Monday’s Rocket Chef competition. To enter, donate $10 or more to The Johnny Stallings Arts Program and the Food Bank of North Alabama, through their Razoo link.
- Want more of a scoop on the chefs participating in the Rocket Chef competition? Matt Wake has you covered.
- Downtown Huntsville is hosting a Food Truck Finale event at Straight to Ale next Thursday. Tickets are limited and $15 gets you samples from all the trucks. Proceeds will be used to improve the Food Truck events next year–things like more bathrooms (yes please!).
- This is board game week at Piper and Leaf which means if you play a game in the store, they might just give you some tea, on the house. (This is getting pretty close to my idea of a perfect day. Board games and amazing tea.)
- Monday the 17th, Albany Bistro will be hosting a cooking class covering all the dishes you need for a perfect holiday feas.
- Check out October’s additions to Huntsville’s food scene in my post for Our Valley Events. Lots of new spots this month, including The Original Public House whom I’ve mentioned before. That photo up top is their boxty cake appetizer. They are little potato-y bites of happiness.
- November 22nd, the downtown parking garage is being taken over for a Chili Cookoff. Get your team ready now!
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.