Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- The Original Public House opened for business this week. We attended their soft opening over the weekend and y’all, it was fabulous! We’ll give them time to get their feet under them before we do a formal review, but our initial experience was outstanding. The dish shown above is an appetizer of housemade chips with a beer cheese sauce, bacon, and chives. Fantastic!
- Those of you out in Madison are getting a new spot this week! Cork and Crust Pizzeria and Wine Bar will open its doors on Monday, October 27th at 4pm.
- The Culture Trip named their top 10 Huntsville Restaurants. Did they hit your favorites?
- Today is National Planting Day! To celebrate, Operation Green Team is giving out free hydrangeas, hotdogs, and popcorn between 11am-1pm at City Hall.
- Today is also the day for the cooking party fundraiser at Dinner by Design. Make meals, save animals! Sounds like a win-win. : )
- Serious Eats ran an interesting article on how the movie “Fried Green Tomatoes” turned a practical dish into a “southern” staple.
- Whistle Hollow Farm is considering doing a breakfast with Santa…if you are interested, be sure to let them know.
- My recommendation of Big Foot’s Little Donuts is in the current issue of Valley Planet!
- The Downtown Dish still has a couple of spots left for this Saturday’s food tour. Sounds like a dreamy way to spend a fall weekend.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.