Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Now that the event is over, I can spill the beans. I had the pleasure of being a judge for last night’s Taste of Huntsville event! Y’all, that was a LOT of food. I’ve always been curious about how judging works at these events so look for a post in the future sharing the process.
- Thomas Pitt BBQ has closed rather abruptly by its new owner Rick’s BBQ. They plan to demolish the current building and put another Rick’s location in its place. A long time fan has created a facebook page, online petition, and fund for the employees to try and find an avenue for keeping the legacy alive and help the people affected.
- The mobile version of the site has been updated. If you were having problems with text extending off the page or photos looking too large…give it another try, it should be fixed.
- Tonight is the last Street Food Gathering event of 2014. Go get your food truck on before the cold weather chases us all back indoors.
- Cork and Crust is a new Pizzeria and Wine Bar which will be opening on County Line Road. They are currently posting pictures of their menu testing to their facebook page and it all looks so good!
- Dinner by Design is hosting a cooking party fundraiser on Oct 24th. Make tasty food, save animals! Sounds like a win-win. : ) They also sponsored breakfast this week during NPR’s fall fundraiser. I love seeing local businesses do good in our community!
- Did you know that you can watch football at Nick’s Ristorante? They have food and drink specials every Saturday starting at 11am in their lounge area (smoking permitted).
- I’m bummed I won’t be able to make this Fall into Fall cooking class on October 25th. You should definitely go in my place.(Tarte Tartin! Bacon cheese mini quiche!)
- Did you know that Main St. Cafe tops their spaghetti with cheddar cheese? I’d never seen such a thing before (it tasted fine, it just surprised me). Is this a regional thing? Quirk of the chef?
- Starting Oct 20th, Sub Zero Ice Cream will be closed on Mondays. Plan your frozen adventures accordingly.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.