Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- My in-laws came in town for the weekend. My father-in-law is unfortunately and highly allergic to our sweet cats, so we weren’t able to eat at home. Instead we went on a grand culinary tour. Surin, Hildegard’s, Venice Pizza, Happy Tummy, Piper and Leaf, Pizzelle’s Confections, Anaheim Chili, Edith Ann’s, Phil Sandoval’s, Main St. Cafe, and Tortora’s all made the cut. Excellent food all around! In addition to a tour of the food scene we also walked the green belt, toured Lowe Mill, saw The Belles of Whitechapel, and visited the Cathedral Caverns. Y’all I love how much we have to offer visitors, we were far from out of things to do when they left.
- Tired of the same old, same old and looking for somewhere brand spankin’ new to try? Check out my list of recently opened restaurants over at Our Valley Events.
- Tickets for Rocket Chef are now available! Al.com has the details on the event but think Chopped! or Iron Chef! with Huntsville’s own chef’s, benefiting Merrimack Hall and the North Alabama Food Bank.
- Albany Bistro is offering Credibles, which is sort of like a gift certificate. You buy in advance, they have the money up front to invest in the business and you can use the credit over time. I’m curious to see how this plays out. Do any of you have experience with Credibles? The general overview is here.
- Interested in learning more about keeping chickens? 1818 Farms is hosting a class this Sunday which will get you started.
- This week I was promoted to being a Prime member on Urbanspoon, which is pretty cool. I get a nifty little icon next to my username and additional opportunities for input into the site. You can find me there (and check out the shiny new icon) by clicking this carefully crafted link.
- Fall has come to Sandwich Farm! I have a soft spot for butternut squash, so they have my full attention.
- Taste of Huntsville is next Thursday! I’ll be there, will you? Get your tickets here and then go read up on my tips for getting the most out of the event. If you’ve never been, this older post of mine gives you a good overview.
- Can’t ever remember whether the site url is HuntsvilleEats.com or Huntsvilleats.com? (One ‘e’ vs two?) Never fear, we’ve purchased and redirected Huntsvilleats.com so now either one will get you here!
- This Saturday The Artery is hosting Sampler Saturday where you can come by and try the local food and drinks they carry. (May I suggest something from Honey Pie Bakery?)
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.