Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Have you tried the onion rings at Po Boy Factory? The hubby and I stopped in a few weeks back and now I’m craving them again.
- Emma’s Tea Room is now serving items from Mason Dixon Bakery. I’m so excited to see local businesses supporting each other this way. ♥
- It’s a sad day for South Huntsville–both Fly Boys and Star Market announced this week that they are closing up shop. (Star Market’s other locations will remain open.)
- Our South Huntsville peeps do have some good news coming though–a new deli is slated to open in the old Coffee Tree location.
- Planning to attend Taste of Huntsville? Check out my tips from a pro over at Our Valley Events! Wanting to learn more about the event in general? Time travel back 2 years for a post that offers a little bit more of an overview.
- Honeypie Bakery turned a child’s sketch into their dream birthday cake. It’s ridiculously awesome.
- Serious Eats schools us on the proper way to make a simple (think lettuce and dressing) salad. So many “meh” salads just snapped into focus.
- What’s Poppin’ has added several pumpkin inspired flavors to their line up including Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Spice Kettle Corn. (Sounds like a solid option for those upcoming Halloween parties to me.) Both will be featured at the Straight to Ale Taproom
- Need more pumpkin goodness? Mason Dixon Bakery just introduced their Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin, which sounds an awful lot like having dessert for breakfast… 😀
- Want to purchase Piper and Leaf tea but have trouble making it to Lowe Mill during their operating hours? Use this map to find the establishment closest to you selling their tea!
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.