Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- The hubby and I picked up our sample of It’s Just Salsa at the Artery last weekend and discovered a few things. 1) It’s Just Salsa makes the salsa served by On-On Tacos. (That fact alone encouraged us to buy a jar to accompany our sample) 2) The guy behind It’s Just Salsa is the same person behind Livin Like A Local. 3) The salsa is just as delicious at home as it is off the food truck. Their medium salsa has a nice bit of pep, though it’s not super hot. It’s a thin salsa, perfect for coating chips or drizzling onto tacos/burritos/nachos.
- Vietnamese Cuisine, the newest establishment from the folk at Viet Sandwich, located on Jordan Lane where Korea House was, is now open! Hurrah!
- Lowe Mill’s new expansion will hold, among other things, a popsicle shop and a whiskey distillery.
- Looking for a spot to eat in 5 Points? Check out my round up at Our Valley Events.
- Speaking of Our Valley Events, they’ve also pulled together a list of upcoming cooking classes.
- Pizzelle’s chocolates are headed to Japan! A little closer to home, they are also hosting their second annual celebration of chocolate tomorrow from 12-6pm. Free shirts for the early birds, plus gifts and deals on drinking chocolate for everyone!
- Over at the Valley Planet, I dish about New Market BBQ. Want more details? You can read my full review here.
- Voting starts on Monday for Martha Stewart’s American Made Competition. Our own Piper and Leaf is one of the finalists!
- Huntsville Beer week runs September 19th-27th. Check out their facebook page for details on the planned events.
- An annual foodie tradition, the Taste of Huntsville is scheduled for October 16th this year. Get your tickets now!
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.