Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Y’all, I had a chance to attend a cooking class by Cooking with C.C. (Full disclosure, I attended at no cost) I really can’t say enough good things about it, so let me say this: CC is incredibly knowledgeable, the food was delicious, and I immediately rounded up a group of friends for a private party. If you are looking for something different to do, check out one of his classes. (That picture up top was our dessert, grilled pound cake and peaches with homemade salted caramel ice cream and whipped cream.)
- Rocket City Wiki has put together the most comprehensive list yet of food trucks. And the best part is, it’s a wiki! So if you find a new one, you can add it. : )
- Speaking of finding food trucks, a student at UAH is planning to launch an app to help you find them. Fingers crossed!
- If you follow me on Instagram, you see my weekly #csa pics. Several people have asked about how to sign up for a CSA or which CSA we are with. We subscribe to Doe Run Farms and they’ve just opened registration for their Autumn Shares. These tend to be more greens heavy than the summer shares, just as a heads up, but it can also be a good trial run into CSA’s if 5 weeks of greens and squash and apples appeal to you.
- Saturday, September 13th, Pizzelles will be hosting an International Chocolate Day Celebration. Door prizes! Raffles! Chocolates! Hurrah!
- Reader Tuyet sent in a strong recommendation for the Pho at Ding How II. I know what I’ll be ordering on my next trip in. Have you tried it?
- Bandito Southside is celebrating their 5th anniversary with food and drink specials and music from Bourbon & Shamrocks starting at 8pm!
- Our Valley Events did a round up of their favorite mac-and-cheese spots. The gauntlet has been thrown folks. Did you favorites make the list or have they been unjustly slighted? I know my husband carries a torch for the smoked mac and cheese at New Market BBQ.
- The It’s Just Salsa launch party has been set for Saturday, September 6th. If you reserved your sample jar in advance, you will need to pick it up during the party at the Artery, from 11-1pm.
- Big Foot’s Little Donuts has added War Eagle and Roll Tide Donuts to their menu… : D
- Ticket sales for Big Spring Crush have been extended another week and the event map has been released. I was excited to see a grape stomping area on the map!
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.