Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Restaurant Week is in full swing! You have until this Sunday to enjoy the specials before it’s back to business as usual. And don’t forget that you can enter daily contests to win gift certificates just by using #dinehsv on social media!
- If you are thinking you just can’t do Restaurant Week because you have little ones, let Rocket City Mom help you out.
- Reader Jeff sent in word of a new food truck on the arsenal called Chris and Monte.
- 1818 Farms will be hosting two Farm to Table dinners this fall with the chefs from Albany Bistro. The photos of the tables look amazing!
- Honeypie Bakery has started offering regular hours, Wednesdays from 3 to 7 and Saturdays from noon to 5. (You may remember the jalepano cheesecake they made for me a few months ago.)
- Meaux’s New Orleans Sno-Balls has a new home in front of Packards Antiques Center on South Parkway complete with tables under umbrellas! Sounds like a good way to cope with this heat wave. : )
- Did you see that Al.com profiled the ladies behind Pizzelle’s this week?
- New Market BBQ has added green beans to their menu! I tried them as part of our restaurant week tour. I’m still casting my vote for their baked beans but these were a solid offering, not the soggy mess cooked green beans so often become.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.