Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Restaurant Week kicked off last night with A Night With the Chefs. All of the dishes were fantastic, but the savory chicken crepe by Chef Phillips of The Eaves absolutely wowed me.
- A new Vietnamese restaurant is setting up shop on Jordan Lane, in the spot recently occupied by Korea House. Reader Randy wrote in to let us know that it will be owned by the same people that are behind Viet Sandwich, so now I’m even more excited!
- The ladies behind Our Valley Events (and now Move) share their personal restaurant week picks.
- Use the hashtag #whenthepigflies to share your pics of Peppered Pig food and be entered to win a free lunch!
- Speaking of which, tonight is the next Street Food Gathering! It will be on Monroe St this month.
- A local salsa company will be launching in September and you can reserve your free 4oz sample now (you’ll need to pick it up at their launch party).
- My latest post is up at Our Valley Events, sharing the new spots which opened last month!
- The Rocket City Food Blogger Tour locations have been announced. We will be bringing you the scoop on the restaurant week specials at Sady’s Bistro in Providence, D’Licious Dining, and New Market BBQ.
- Do you have a killer chili recipe? Enter now to compete in Mercury Rising in September.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.