Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- As a happy omnivore, it’s often easy to gloss over vegetarian offerings. But every so often it’s good to stop and take a look. I found this fried green tomato sandwich in the vegetarian section of 1892 East‘s lunch menu. Absolutely outstanding.
- Piper and Leaf’s has added a Little Free Library to their shop! You know, just in case you needed another reason to visit often.
- My latest post at Our Valley Events is all about Restaurant Week! See the specials that caught my eye here.
- The Office Break Room and Bar has added an $8 lunch menu
- Rumor has it that Blue Plate Cafe will open a second location in the spot that Victoria’s Cafe is vacating on South Parkway.
- Several cooking classes coming up! Phucket has a couple of spots left for their class this Saturday and Cooking with C.C. has a class on the 16th which promises Grilled Pound Cake with Grilled Peaches and Caramel Ice Cream which was really all I needed to hear).
- Check out Our Valley Events’ roundup of locally sourced restaurants! I look forward to watching this list grow.
- Have you entered yet to win a free lunch with me and 5 other local food bloggers? I promise it will tons of fun and entering only takes one quick tweet/photo/post! Just tell me about your favorite local dining experience, include the hashtag #dinehsv and tag me. I’ve expanded the contest to include Instagram and Facebook as well as Twitter, so everyone can participate!) Twitter is @mrsdragon, Instagram is thediningdragon, Facebook is The Dining Dragon). I’ll pick a winner on August 11th, so enter now! All of the bloggers have 1 seat to give away so be sure to visit them all to maximize your chances of winning!
- Curious about fall gardening? The Huntsville Botanical Garden is offering a class on August 16th to get you up and running.
- This is National Farmer’s Market week. Have you shopped your local farmer’s market recently? Need help finding one? Check out these guides from Rocket City Mom and Our Valley Events. Or search directly on LocalHarvest.org.
- There is still time to get your tickets for An Evening with the Chefs, on August 14th. The participating chefs are Chef Phillip (The Eaves), Chef McDonald (The Bottle), Chef London (Humphrey’s Bar & Grill) and Chef Martin (The Jackson Center), all proceeds benefit Deep Roots, and I will be there! : )
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.