Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Check out this just launched site which tells you where all the food trucks in town are, at any given moment! Find hours, scheduled locations, and menus in one portal!
- New Market BBQ has added green beans to their menu! I don’t know if I’ll be able to tear myself away from their potato salad though…
- We have more details on An Evening with the Chefs, the first event in this year’s Restaurant Week. The participating chefs are Chef Phillip (The Eaves), Chef McDonald (The Bottle), Chef London (Humphrey’s Bar & Grill) and Chef Martin (The Jackson Center). All proceeds benefit Deep Roots, so get your tickets now!
- The Rocket City Bloggers had our July Bloggle at I ♥ Sushi. I took the opportunity to try the Tan Katsu Don, expecting a smaller dish. Y’all that bowl held 3 small meals worth of food. That certainly made packing lunches easy!
- Did you know that Phuket offers cooking classes? Not only do they, but their next one is coming up on August 9th!
- Straight to Ale will be hosting Highway to Ale on August 9th, featuring food trucks and over 30 different Straight to Ale brews. Tickets are going fast!
- Speaking of Humphrey’s Bar & Grill, they are continuing their make-over by beginning to offer delivery downtown. Via bicycle.
- There is now a roving piano downtown. So go, enjoy a meal, and make some music. Or some art, as they are asking people to decorate the piano with sidewalk chalk.
- This coming Wednesday, the 30th, SubZero Ice Cream will be celebrating their grand opening from 3-7pm with a DJ and free ice cream. From 12-10pm all paying customers receive 30% off on the “Create Your Own Menu” in honor of national ice cream month.
- The Food Policy Council meeting last Saturday was wonderful! I am excited about some of the wonderful things happening and delighted to live in a city with so many people dedicated to local, sustainable food for all.
- Belle Chevre’s Huntsville Tasting Room is launching a series of Cheese Talks. These free talks will cover The American Cheese Movement, pairing cheese with wine and beer, recipes, and more.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.