Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Last night’s Connect! event was a smashing success! Connections were made and the conversation was so non-stop that we were having to shoo people out long after the event ended so the staff could go home.
- The downtown parking garage at Clinton and Jefferson is now taking credit/debit cards. Dining downtown just got that much easier! *happy dance*
- Next Friday, July 18th, is Bubbly and Bon Bons. Proceeds go to the Huntsville Hospital’s Pediatric Audiology Unit and many of the desserts are being provided by familiar faces: Mason Dixon Bakery, Pizzelle’s Confections, Morgan Price Candy Company, Whistle Stop Sweet Shop, Cooking with C.C. Beer is being provided by Yellowhammer! Tickets are limited, so get yours now.
- Humphrey’s now both smoke free (note: they also do not allow vaping) and serving breakfast.
- A Cleveland Ave park should be complete late this year and provide a pedestrian connection from the Lumberyard to downtown. Hullo Sandwich Farm! Hullo jazz and food trucks.
- Did you see my list of the restaurants which are now open over at Our Valley Events? We have some especially good ones this month!
- Next Saturday is the Food Policy Council’s planning session at the Chuch of the Nativity in Downtown Huntsville. This is a chance to advise policies on fostering locally sustainable food for all.
- Do you know this month is national baked bean month? (I love that there is a month for everything!) I had fabulous baked beans at New Market BBQ last weekend (shown above) but if you want to get some, you’ll have to give them a couple of weeks to get back from vacation.
- D&L Bistro announced a new wine list today. In case you needed a reason to give them a try, this sounds like a good one. ; )
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.