Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Looking for someplace local to eat today? Check out 1892 East, Brix (opening at 4:30), The Peppered Pig, or Gibson’s BBQ (open until 2). If you are still looking for things to do, check out this round up by Our Valley Events.
- The Rollin Lobstah food truck will be vending food on the arsenal each Thursday.
- The Tennessee Valley Community Garden Association will have their next monthly potluck on Tuesday, July 8th at 6:30 pm. Location is 819 Cook Ave and gardeners of all skill levels and interest are welcome to join them. In addition to you dish, attendees are requested to bring their own plate/silverware.
- My latest article for Valley Planet went out yesterday!
- Cooking with CC is offering a summer cooking class on July 12th, which will focus on all the fresh vegetables and fruit available right now.
- This week, Mango’s Caribbean restaurant celebrated their second anniversary and Mason Dixon Bakery celebrated their first!
- I spent some lovely time yesterday on the Cozy Cow’s patio, enjoying a strawberry colada smoothie (shown above) and watching the ducks. I recommend every bit of that plan.
- Belle Chevre’s Elkmont creamery will be hosting a movie night on July 12th with gourmet popcorn and drinks!
- Sady’s Bistro is looking to hire a manager, servers, and kitchen staff. Details on their facebook page.
- Market Place Cafe has announced the next dinner in their Celebration series. On July 30th, they’ll be celebrating tomatoes.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.