Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- Piper and Leaf’s Splendid Shindig is tomorrow from 12-6pm. Did you know that they are raffling off a year’s worth of tea?! That’s my kind of raffle!
- Victoria’s Cafe is closing after 22 years due to the anticipated impact of construction on their traffic. They plan to open a food truck instead.
- Are you ready for Restaurant Week? We have a BIG announcement coming up next week, but in the meantime, check out An Evening with the Chefs, on August 14th. As we mentioned last week, the participating chefs are Chef Phillip (The Eaves), Chef McDonald (The Bottle), Chef London (Humphrey’s Bar & Grill) and Chef Martin (The Jackson Center) and all proceeds benefit Deep Roots!
- Last week, I stopped in at Dinner by Design on a whim. We were having friends over and I had a sudden craving for macaroni and cheese. Talk about a win-win! Not only did my Redstone Federal Credit card get me a surprise 10% discount but our guests adored the mac and cheese! The cooking time and serving sizes were both spot on, which meant I could pop it in the oven and not worry about it at all. Every potluck ever just got so much easier.
- iFest is coming September 27th…complete with international food and food trucks!
- Nicole Castle has a series of blog posts which expand on her remarks at the Hatch and Sip last week. In the first one, she discusses the supermodels in our grocery stores.
- Combine art and food on August 16th with the Goat Show at Belle Chevre’s downtown location. Proceeds from the silent auction will go to Heifer International.
- The Jealous Crumpet has the recipe for The Scene‘s Berry Basil Muddle, straight from the source!
- The Switch House will have a pop-up market at Anthropologie on Saturday, August 9th from 12pm-4pm. This includes their local food suppliers such as High Brow Cold Brew coffee!
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.