Your weekly serving of local foodie news!
- The weather looks promising for this month’s Street Food Gathering. This month’s event includes a “craft beer garden” at the Propst Arena. If you haven’t checked it out before, come prepared for some line waiting and people watching.
- There are some excellent restaurant Groupon’s this week. I spotted Rolo’s Cafe, Fulin’s, The Cozy Cow, Belle Chevre, and Whistle Stop Sweet Shop!
- Tomorrow is the 3rd annual Community Gardens Open House Tour. Tours are self guided and there is an after party at the Flying Monkey.
- If tomorrow feels more like a Burger day, check out Livin’ Like a Local’s Battle of the Burger at Yellowhammer Brewing. 11-2 with music, beer, and (of course) burgers.
- Last weekend, I picked up a 5 gallon container of tea from Piper and Leaf. When a dozen people drink 3.5 gallons of tea in an evening, you know it’s good.
- Next Wednesday, June 25th is national Catfish Day. I suggest you celebrate at CJs Steak and Seafood.
- Our Valley Events has published a handy listing of local Farmer’s Markets. I suspect there are way more on that list than you even realized existed.
- On a related note, mark your calendar for the Food Policy Council’s Open planning session on July 19th and help strengthen our local food community.
- I celebrated my birthday with a custom jalapeno glazed cheesecake with candied jalapenos from Honey Pie Bakery (shown above). The ladies absolutely nailed it–using homemade jalapeno jelly and a club cracker based crust. It was precisely what my foodie heart desired and, at $25, a total steal.
If you have foodie happenings you would like shared, drop me a line using the contact tab above.