As a blogger, one of the things I love to do is to talk with other bloggers. Whether it’s learning about new ways to do things, debating the merits of various social media platforms, or discussing how we battle spam, I greatly enjoying being part of a larger blogging community. To that end, about 2.5 years ago, I became a founding member of the Rocket City Bloggers. We meet monthly for dinner where we network, talk shop, and dream up various events, challenges, and projects.
Last summer we hosted a large “Meet and Greet”. It was our first large public event and it was a wild success. The evening networking event stayed hopping the entire two hours and lots of great relationships were launched. This coming Thursday, we will be back at it again and I’m hoping you will join us!
The event will once again be an evening networking event. Our goal with these events is to connect bloggers both to other bloggers and to the broader community. See if any of these sound like you:
- You write a blog and would like a group to bounce ideas off of
- You own a small/local business and would like to meet local bloggers who could help you spread the word about your products/services
- You would like to start a blog and want some pointers on getting it off the ground
- You are looking for a writer and would like to meet bloggers who may already write about your desired topic
- You would like to increase community awareness of your blog
- You would like to meet other movers and shakers interested in revitalizing downtown and bringing opportunities to Huntsville
- You run a local event and would like local bloggers to help you get the word out about it
- You run a non-profit and would like bloggers to assist in informing the community about your mission and volunteer opportunities
- You have an established blog and would like to learn how to take it to the next level
- You would like to meet some of your favorite local bloggers in person and discover new ones
And of course, there is the fact that it’s going to be just plain fun! We will have amazing appetizers provided by The Eaves, a tasting of beers by The Brew Stooges, wine, live music provided by Chris Wade, and amazing raffle prizes donated by local businesses. With over a dozen prizes, your chances of winning are pretty good and the prizes include things like a ticket to the Strategy 2014 social media conference being held in March and a 7″ 8GB Kindle Fire HD. Of course, readers of this blog may also be interested to see the one of the raffle prizes is Dinner for Two with The Dining Dragon.
That’s right. One lucky winner (and their guest) will be taken to dinner by the hubby and I. If you win, we’ll coordinate schedule and dining preferences and you’ll get a free dinner!
Just click on the image at the top of the post to be taken to our event page. Fill out the form to RSVP and you will be entered into the raffle. Easy-peasy-pie!
If you come out, be sure to find me and say hi! The RCB members will have name badges on, just ask them to point you in the right direction. : )
Let me know if you have any questions.